Released December, 2009
The Pros:Only takes a few minutes from taking it out of the box to having it up and running. Can sit on a desk or mount on the wall, takes up little room either way. Quick install guide covers all the major features, including security, very easy to get working.
The TP-Link TL-WR841ND is a wireless router built for networking environments that need a wider variety of standards supported. This is a re-release of the original TP-Link TL-WR841N, with the only change being that the antennas are now removable.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Otherwise they are the same feature for feature, with IP assignment available through PPPoE, dynamic or static IP. Special cases can be set up for UPnP, DDNS, and VPN Pass-through where required, and server support comes through virtual server and DMZ host. Security runs through WEB or WPA encryption standards, and access control lists can be created by SSID or MAC address to completely lock down the network if needed. Alternately, a built-in firewall allows filtering by IP, MAC and URL.
- 2 detachable omni directional antennas
- Supports PPPoE, Dynamic IP, and static IP broadband functions
- Automatic dialing, On-demand dialing, fixed time dialing, filling most dialing requirements
- Supports UPnP, DDNS, static routing, VPN Pass-through
- Supports virtual server, special application and DMZ host ideal for creating a website within your LAN
- Supports SSID broadcast control and MAC access control list
- Supports 64/128/152-bit WEP, complies with 128 bit WPA standard(TKIP/AES), supports MIC, IV Expansion, Shared Key Authentication, IEEE 802.1X
- Built-in firewall features IP, MAC, URL filtering
- Built-in DHCP server
- User interface supports free WEB software updates
- Supports configuration file backup and restore.
- Wall mountable
User Reviews (2)
only takes a few minutes from taking it out of the box to having it up and running
can sit on a desk or mount on the wall, takes up little room either way
quick install guide covers all the major features, including security, very easy to get working
strong signal will work through a few floors and several walls
excellent security options available, covers a good range of standards
VPN Pass-through works perfectly with secure business networks across the Internet
can handle a good number of wireless devices at once, plus it has 4 wired ports on the back just in case, all running at great bandwidth
You may also like...