Released August, 2010
The Pros:Good enough range for a medium sized house. Perfect for entry-level users, very easy to set up. Connections are fast and reliable, rare to no drops.
The Cons:Range won't extend much past the walls of a medium sized house, can't penetrate floors well. Setup wizard software isn't Mac compatible.
The TP-Link TL-WR340G is a mid-cost 54Mbps wireless router. This is a router devoted to Small Office/Home Office (SOHO) networks, and is a combination of a Wireless Access Point, a built-in 4-ports full-duplex 10/100Mbps Switch, and the NAT-Router.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Wireless and wired devices can share a high speed DSL or cable internet connection through this router. The TL-WR340G can transfer data at 54Mbps (in the 2.4GHz frequency range), and can be used with all IEEE 802.11b/IEEE 802.11g devices. For the blocking of unauthorized access, this router also has a firewall, including IP address filtering, MAC address filtering and Domain Name filtering. These features allow you to easily monitor the users on your network, thereby preventing unauthorized access. The TP-Link TL-WR340G comes with an Easy Setup CD.
- 2.4-2.4835 GHz frequency range
- IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g standards
- Supports Remote and Web management
- Supports firmware upgrade
- Supports access control, parents and network administrators can establish restricted access policies based on time of day for children or staff
- Supports connecting/disconnecting from the Internet on a specified time of day
- Ignores Ping packets from WAN or LAN ports
- Supports ICMP-FLOOD, UDP-FLOOD, and TCP-SYN-FLOOD filter
- Supports UPnP, Dynamic DNS, Static Routing, VPN Pass-through
- Supports Virtual Server, Special Application and DMZ host
- Supports Flow Statistics
- Provides Wireless LAN ACL (Access Control List)
- Supports 64/128/152-bit WEP, complies with 128 bit WPA standard(TKIP/AES), supports MIC, IV Expansion, Shared Key Authentication, IEEE 802.1X
- Supports 54/48/36/24/18/12/9/6Mbps or 11/5.5/2/1Mbps data transfer rates
- WDS wireless bridge
- Built-in firewall supporting IP address filtering, Domain Name filtering, and MAC address filtering
- Shares data and Internet access for users, supporting PPPoE, Dynamic IP, Static IP, L2TP, PPTP, BigPond Cable Internet access
- Built-in NAT and DHCP server supporting static IP address distributing
User Reviews (2)
good enough range for a medium sized house
perfect for entry-level users, very easy to set up
connections are fast and reliable, rare to no drops
offers good enough bandwidth for most home applications
can stream services like Netflix reliably
range won't extend much past the walls of a medium sized house, can't penetrate floors well
setup wizard software isn't Mac compatible
You may also like...