Released September, 2010
The Pros:Web interface is responsive, intuitive, and error-free. Lots of configuration options available, enough to satisfy more experienced users. Fast throughput, provides good bandwidth to all connected devices.
The Cons:Generates noticeable amount heat while in normal operation.
The TP-Link TL-WA901ND is a mid-cost 300Mbps router. TP-Link promotes this router as being designed to establish or expand a scalable high-speed wireless N network, or to connect multiple Ethernet enabled devices such as game consoles, digital media adapters, printers, or network attached storage devices to a wireless network.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The TL-WA901ND provides 15 times the speed and 5 times the range of wireless G. The Repeater mode of this router expands the coverage and strength of the wireless signal by connecting multiple access points. Universal Repeater Mode allows access points and routers without Wireless Distribution Service (WDS) to receive your wireless signal. When you want to use the internet in a place with no power source, you can use passive power over Ethernet, meaning that a bundled power injector can send both electricity and data streams over a single RJ45 cable to the access point, as far as thirty meters away. This router is a step up from the lower cost TL-WA801ND in that it has a third antenna, which provides a stronger signal. The TP-Link TL-WA901ND has support for VLAN and up to four SSIDs.
- 2.4-2.4835GHz frequency range
- IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g, IEEE 802.11n standards
- Detachable antenna allows for stronger antenna upgrades
- WPA/WPA2 encryptions provide your network with active defense against security threats
- Up to 4 SSIDs and VLAN support, it allows networks administrator to segregate different services or applications to different designated users
- Supports up to 30 meters of Power over Ethernet capability for flexible performance
- Supports multiple operating modes (Access Point, Client, Universal/WDS Repeater, Point to Point, Point to Multi-point)
- Supports Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM) assures the quality of VoIP and multimedia streaming
- Easily setup a WPA encrypted secure connection at a push of the QSS button
- CCA improves wireless performance while automatically avoiding channel conflict
- 2T2R MIMO technology provides robust high-bandwidth wireless Tx/Rx capability at further range
User Reviews (4)
web interface is responsive, intuitive, and error-free
lots of configuration options available, enough to satisfy more experienced users
fast throughput, provides good bandwidth to all connected devices
flexible use, can be used as a repeater or for a variety of other purposes
good signal strength and range, wide coverage area
setup is simple enough for beginners
generates noticeable amount heat while in normal operation
You may also like...