Shimano Sustain 4000 FE
Released December, 2010
The Pros:Durable enough to last a lifetime, great reliability. Maintenance is fairly easy, just a quick cleaning and oil once a year. Line never tangles, very dependable performance.
The Shimano Sustain 4000 FE is an upper mid-cost spinning reel. As is the case with most of Shimano's line of spinning reels, the 4000 FE differs from the rest of the Sustain FE line in terms of inches of line retrieve per crank, line capacity, pounds of maximum drag, and weight.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Features shared throughout the Sustain FE line include Dyna-Balance, which is a counter balancing of the rotor to eliminate wobble during the retrieve. Another feature that all the Sustain FE spinning reels have is Fluidrive II, which increases the efficiency of your retrieve by polishing gear surfaces in order to maximize tooth contact. To improve casting distance, the Aero Wrap II oscillation system provides a uniform line lay. Like the rest of the Sustain FE line of spinning reels, the Shimano Sustain 4000 FE was designed with Shimano's S concept, which stresses a smooth, silent operation, as well as durability.
- Paladin Gear Durability Enhancement
- Propulsion Line Management System: Propulsion Spool Lip, SR One-Piece Bail Wire, Power Roller III. Redesigned Bail Trip, S-Arm Cam
- Aero Wrap II Oscillation
- SR-Concept: SR 3D Gear, SR One-Piece Bail Wire
- S A-RB (Shielded A-RB) Ball Bearings
- Aluminum Frame
- Graphite Sideplate
- Graphite Rotor
- Aluminum Spool w/ Titanium Lip
- Spare Aluminum Spool w/ Titanium Lip
- S-Concept: S Rotor, S Guard, S Arm Cam
- Machined Aluminum Handle
- Direct Drive Mechanism (Thread in Handle Attachment)
- Septon Handle Grips
- WP Drag (Waterproof Drag)
- Maintenance Port
- Fluidrive II
- Floating Shaft
- Super Stopper II
- Repairable Clicker
- Approved for use in Saltwater
- Rated for use w/ Mono, Fluorocarbon and PowerPro lines
User Reviews (1)
durable enough to last a lifetime, great reliability
maintenance is fairly easy, just a quick cleaning and oil once a year
line never tangles, very dependable performance
smooth drag system, doesn't jerk the line as you're letting it out
smooth reeling action, never feel like you're fighting the reel while fighting the fish
casting is very easy, design makes it easy to release at just the right time and the line is let out perfectly without drag
no indication of line twist even after hundreds of casts
You may also like...