Released September, 2010
The Pros:Surround sound effect is well rendered, angled speakers are forgiving about where they are positioned. Touch controls are well designed, easy to use even with larger hands.
The Cons:Mids are hollow, need to be turned up to be heard properly. Glossy finish attracts dust. Distortion prevalent when the volume is turned up too much.
The Philips HTS5580W/F7 is a home theater system with 5.1 audio and Blu-ray support. This is similar to the Philips HTS3251B/F7, but the design of the speakers has been enhanced with a new 3D angled system to create even sound throughout the room.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Wireless speaker support has also been added, allowing the rear speakers to be positioned without having to run wires to them from the player. New DoubleBASS technology has also been added that creates louder, clearer sound from the subwoofer. The Blu-ray player has support for a variety of digital video and audio formats, and a USB port is available for file playback. The player also supports Blu-ray, DVD and CD formats, and can play both NTSC and PAL formats.
- High gloss finishing, touch controls
- Full HD 1080p at 24 fps
- Playback Media: Blu-ray, DVD-Video, DVD-R/-RW, Video CD/SVCD, CD-R/CD-RW
- NTSC and PAL compatible
- Still Picture Playback: JPEG, Kodak Picture CD
- File formats: MPEG1, MPEG2, DivX Ultra, WMV, DivX HD, MP3, WMA
- BD-Live, Netflix Streaming
- EasyLink compatible
- Total Audio Power (RMS): 1000 W
- 3D Angled Speakers
- 5.1 surround sound speaker setup
- 2 x Floor standing pillars, 2 x Shelf speakers, 1 x Center speaker, 1 x subwoofer
- DoubleBASS technology
- Wireless Rear Module
- Sound System: DTS, Dolby Prologic II, Stereo, Dolby Digital 5.1, Dolby True HD, DTS 96/24
- Hi-Speed USB, Line-in, FM Antenna, Digital coaxial in, Aux in x2
- HDMI, Component, Composite output
- Easy-Fit speaker connectors
- Ethernet (RJ 45)
- Energy Star
User Reviews (8)
surround sound effect is well rendered, angled speakers are forgiving about where they are positioned
touch controls are well designed, easy to use even with larger hands
mids are hollow, need to be turned up to be heard properly
glossy finish attracts dust
distortion prevalent when the volume is turned up too much
system does not auto-configure to the room, all tone settings need to be set manually
wireless rear speakers have to be manually detected every time the unit is switched off/on
You may also like...