Pentax Optio RS1000
Released September, 2010
The Pros:Affordable price point. Records video in 720p high definition. Stylish boxy design / aesthetic.
The Cons:Poor ergonomics - no easy way to hold / grip the camera. Only good for those on a tight budget - low image quality, basic zoom, no optical/mechanical image stabilization, etc...
The Pentax Optio RS1000 is a compact digital camera with interchangeable faceplates to match an individual's fashion sense. It features a 14.1 megapixel camera and a 4x optical zoom lens that is designed to cut down glare for a clearer picture.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
A combination of digital blur removal and high-sensitivity anti-shake mode help make handheld shooting possible. Auto-focus can be set to track moving subjects, be set by a point, or use face detection. Smile capture mode can be set to automatically take the picture when a smile is detected. Images are displayed on a 3 inch LCD screen with approximately 230,000 pixels for clarity. A built-in flash makes shooting in various lighting conditions possible.
- 14.1 Megapixels
- smc PENTAX zoom lens
- 6 elements in 5 groups (3 aspherical elements)
- Focal Length: 4.9 - 19.6mm (equivalent 27.5 - 110mm)
- Aperture: f3.2 - f5.9
- Optical Zoom: 4x
- Digital Zoom: 6.7x
- Digital Blur Removal
- High-sensitivity anti-shake mode (Digital SR)
- Movie shake reduction mode (Movie SR)
- 3-point AF, Spot AF, Auto tracking AF
- Macro mode, Infinity-landscape, Pan Focus
- Face Detection, Smile Capture
- Sensitivity: Auto, Manual (ISO 100 - 6400)
- White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Tungsten light, Fluorescent light, Manual setting
- 3.0 in LCD, approx. 230K dots
- Scene modes, Digital Filter
- Built-in flash
- Rechargeable D-LI108 lithium-ion battery
- Dimensions (approx): 92 x 56 x 20.5 mm
- Weight: 130 g, 4.6 oz (loaded and ready)
User Reviews (3)
records video in 720p high definition
stylish boxy design / aesthetic
customizable faceplates - custom images / photographs or free default templates can be printed and slipped into the camera's transparent cover
records to affordable, capacious and easy to find SD / SDHC flash storage cards
poor ergonomics - no easy way to hold / grip the camera
only good for those on a tight budget - low image quality, basic zoom, no optical/mechanical image stabilization, etc...
You may also like...