OCZ Z-Drive R2 p84
Released April, 2010
The Pros:Installation is very simple, software does all the work. Brings down the startup time of a computer by 50% over traditional HDDs. Applications launch and run much faster.
The Cons:Online help is limited, not much information about it.
The OCZ Z-Drive R2 p84 is one of three bootable and field-serviceable PCI-E SSD drives released in April 2010 as an upgrade from the first generation Z-Drive models from 2009. Aimed strictly at the professional market, the p84 and its peers utilize interchangeable NAND modules designed to make them both field-serviceable and field-upgradeable.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
As an upgrade from the m84, the p84 offers improved speeds up to 500-800+ MB/s write and 750-850+ MB/s read, depending on capacity, which ranges between 256GB and 1 TB. Like its predecessor, the R2 p84 hosts a four-way RAID 0 configuration and is optimized for background Garbage Collection. Together with the together with the PCI-E architecture, the p84 delivers low-cost field upgradeability, unprecedented flexibility, superior sequential performance speeds, lowered power consumption, enhanced shock resistance, and superior durability.
- Next Generation OCZ-Drive Series
- PCI-Express (PCI-E) Solid-State Drive (SSD)
- Designed for the Professional Market
- Interchangeable NAND Modules
- Four-Way RAID Configuration
- Fast Read/Write Speeds
- Background Garbage Collection
- Eliminates SATA Bottleneck
- Lowered Power Consumption
- Enhanced Shock Resistance
- Superior Durability
- Dedicated Technical Support
- 3-year Limited Warranty
- Local Cache: 256MB
- Interface: PCI-e (x8)
- SATA Connectors: 4
- MTBF: 1,000,000 Hours
- Write Speed: 500-800+ MB/s MAX
- Read Speed: 750-850+ MB/s MAX
- OCZSSDPX-ZD2P84256G | 256GB - $1205.00
- OCZSSDPX-ZD2P84512G | 512GB - $2405.00
- OCZSSDPX- ZD2P841T | 1TB - $4550.00
User Reviews (1)
installation is very simple, software does all the work
brings down the startup time of a computer by 50% over traditional HDDs
applications launch and run much faster
not overly thick, won't crowd out the slots on either side
runs cool most of the time, rarely generates much heat at all
RAID setup is easy, only takes a few minutes to do
online help is limited, not much information about it
You may also like...