Nikon Coolpix S3100
Released March, 2011
The Pros:Affordable price point. Records video in 720p high definition - a major improvement over the S3000. Available in 7 colours.
The Cons:Small, low resolution display (230k pixels). Average performance. Virtually identical performance as the cheaper, previous generation S3000 if HD video is unimportant.
The Nikon Coolpix S3100 is a lower mid-cost digital camera with a variety of color options. This model differs from the slightly higher cost S4100 model only in that the S4100 has a slightly larger, higher quality display on which to set up and view pictures and video (3 inches of 460k resolution as opposed to the S3100's 2.7 inches of 230k).
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
One of the features of the Coolpix S3100 emphasized by Nikon in promotion is its 720p HD video capturing capabilities. With a dedicated button on the back of the camera, video capture is one-touch simple. The lens of this camera is a 5x wide-angle optical zoom, which allows you to capture detailed close ups. Thanks to the Nikon Coolpix S3100's fourteen megapixel CCD image sensor, images will maintain their detail even when enlarged to poster size.
- Color options
- Pet portrait mode
- Smart Portrait System
- 19 optimized scene modes including Scene Auto Selector
- Subject tracking
- USB charging via Charging AC adapter (supplied) or PC
- 4 advanced Vibration Reduction image stabilization modes
- 720p HD recording
- Filter effects
- 5x optical zoom
- 14MP sensor
- Lens: 4.6-23.0 mm (35mm  format picture angle: 26-130 mm); f/3.2-6.5; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35 mm  format picture angle: Approx. 520 mm)
- 2.7" 230k LCD display
- 45MB internal memory
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200, Auto (auto gain ISO 80-1600), Fixed range auto (ISO 80-400, 80-800)
- Hi-Speed USB interface
- Dimensions: 3.7" x 2.3" x 0.8"
- Weight: 4.2 ounces
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery EN-EL19
- Charging AC Adapter EH-69P
- USB Cable UC-E6
- Audio Video Cable EG-CP14
- ViewNX 2 (CD-ROM)
User Reviews (1)
records video in 720p high definition - a major improvement over the S3000
very compact, slim and lightweight
small, low resolution display (230k pixels)
virtually identical performance as the cheaper, previous generation S3000 if HD video is unimportant
You may also like...