Nikon Coolpix L110
Released February, 2010
The Pros:Records 720p HD video with stereo audio. Pop-up flash. 3.0" display with higher than average resolution (460k dot).
The Cons:Not aesthetically pleasing compared to smaller, sleeker P&S offerings. Runs on AA batteries, as opposed to higher capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery packs. Larger size - not pocketable.
The Coolpix L110 is part of Nikon's L, or 'Life' series of digital cameras, it is an entry level camera nestled right below Nikon's S series. This model has a resolution of 12.1 megapixels and is available in black or red.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It comes with a 3" 460k-dot TFT LCD display on the back with anti-reflection coating and has a 15x optical zoom NIKKOR lens capable of shooting a broad range of focal lengths with 35mm format equivalent angles of view from 28mm up to 420mm. HD video recording with stereo sound is supported and the camera can be connected to a tv via the HDMI port for viewing in high quality. Actually up to 7 hours of video or 840 still images can be recorded when using the four included AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium batteries. The L110 comes with other built-in features such as electronic vibration reduction, motion detection, auto-focus, red-eye reduction, face recognition and support for sensitivities up to ISO 6400.
- Effective pixels: 12.1 million
- Lens: 15x zoom NIKKOR; 5.0-75.0mm (35mm  format picture angle: 28-420mm); f/3.5-5.4; Digital zoom: up to 4x (35mm  format picture angle: 1680mm)
- Focus range (from lens): 50cm (1 ft. 8 in.) to infinity (∞); Macro mode: 1cm (0.4 in.) to infinity (∞)
- Monitor: 3-in., approx. 460k-dot, TFT LCD with anti-reflection coating
- Storage media: Internal memory (approx. 43 MB), SD memory cards
- ISO sensitivity: ISO 80, 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200*2, 6400*2, Auto (auto gain ISO 80-800)
- Interface: Hi-Speed USB
- Power sources: Four FR6/L91 (AA-size) lithium batteries (supplied), four LR6/L40 (AA-size) alkaline batteries (optional), four EN-MH2 rechargeable Ni-MH batteries (optional), AC Adapter EH-67 (optional)
- Battery life: Approx. 840 shots with lithium, or 270 shots with alkaline, or 500 shots with EN-MH2 battery
- Dimensions (WxHxD): Approx. 108.9 x 74.3 x 78.1 mm (4.3 x 3.0 x 3.1 in.) excluding projections
- Weight: Approx. 406 g (14.4 oz.) with battery and SD memory card
- Supplied accessories: Four FR6/L91 (AA-size) lithium batteries, USB Cable UC-E6, Audio Video Cable EG-CP14, Strap AN-CP21, Lens Cap LC-CP20, Software Suite CD-ROM
User Reviews (13)
Records 720p HD video with stereo audio
3.0" display with higher than average resolution (460k dot)
15x NIKKOR Zoom lens with vibration reduction
HDMI output for direct playback of video and images onto a compatible HDTV / display
great value - better than average specifications at a low price
2GB of free web image hosting on Picturetown
runs on AA batteries - universal and easy to find, great for if you're out and about and forgot to bring spares
not aesthetically pleasing compared to smaller, sleeker P&S offerings
runs on AA batteries, as opposed to higher capacity rechargeable lithium-ion battery packs
larger size - not pocketable
You may also like...