Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S4
Released November, 2010
The Pros:Professional features, perfect for live performances. Wide array of functionality possible with this, plenty of effects. Big deck spaces out the knobs and faders and makes them nice and tall, easy to work with in low light.
The Cons:Shell is a light plastic, makes you a little nervous when moving it to the gig.
Traktor Kontrol S4 is a combination hardware/software DJ performance system from the Native Instruments company. Featuring a fully-customizable controller with data handling speeds up to 30 times that of standard MIDI transfer, this model includes a revamped edition of NI's best-selling Traktor Pro software.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The hardware peripheral utilizes advanced construction technology to provide users with an authentic jog wheel experience, running consistently at 1,000 counts per revolution with rubber-coated rims for maximum grip. Fading and EQ adjustments are registered visually to the computer display in real time, with a hyper-sensitive crossfader included that can detect even the most minuscule adjustments to the mix. The 8-button "Sample Deck" section allows users to create one-touch hot cues for specific parts of a song, with automated effect functions that include backward looping and pitch-shifting. Kontrol S4's software component includes four virtual Sample Decks that are optimized for live remixing and mash-up applications, with on-the-fly sample loading for seamless hard drive hot-swapping. Traktor's own Loopmasters library is included with the system, featuring 40 loops than span Dubstep, Trance, House and Techno genres. Live looping is available via both hard and soft button commands, with a full deconstruct/reconstruct section for quick soloing of individual song components.
- Fully customizable NHL protocol hardware peripheral
- 8-button Sample Deck grid with hot cueing and multiple loop functions
- Two rubbed-coated jog wheels with glossy top plates spinning at 1,000 CPR
- Data handling up to 30 times the speed of MIDI
- Hyper-sensitive crossfader
- Integrated 4-channel mixer with automatic loop recording
- Integrated audio interface for external connectivity
- Revamped, customized version of the Tracktor Pro software
- 4 sample decks for live remixes and mashups
- One Shot samples for singular audio cues
- Live Loops for hot-swapping clips between hardware and software
- Loop Sets for storing prepared sample sequences
- Deconstruct/Reconstruct for soloing instrumental or vocal tracks
User Reviews (1)
professional features, perfect for live performances
wide array of functionality possible with this, plenty of effects
big deck spaces out the knobs and faders and makes them nice and tall, easy to work with in low light
can control 4 decks at a time with ease
deck is lit up very nice but stays subtle
loading and playing samples into the decks works well, great to layer drumbeats and backbeats
ideal for lots of scratching, has a great response for highly technical scratches and captures the feeling of a record
shell is a light plastic, makes you a little nervous when moving it to the gig
You may also like...