Kink 2011 Barrier
Released January, 2010
The Pros:Lighter than many entry-level BMX bikes. Durable frame construction resists denting or damage even during considerable wipeouts. Inclusion of steel pegs is good for this price point, not all models have them.
The Cons:Rear tire seems is oversized and handles awkwardly on some surfaces. Grips wear out quickly and are sub-par to some other entry-level grips. Stem feels bulky and heavier than competing models.
The Kink 2011 Barrier is a high end BMX bike built with quality parts and customization in mind. Mission Alloy pedals use removable pins, allowing them to be switched out easily, and 2 steel pegs are included as options.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The Kink Uptown Bars are higher than usual at 8 inches, and Duo Stunner tires are used to provide a smoother ride. The Kink Strife Chromoly Fork remains the standard for the higher end of the Kink BMX series, and the Alienation rims are used again as well. The seat is a basic Kink Rival Pivotal, and the matching post uses a slim seat clamp to reduce potential snags. Kink Alpha Grips with Kink Drive Barends are used to reduce accidental hand slips on hard landings.
- Colors: Olive Green, Black
- Weight: 25lb 8oz
- Bars: Kink 8 in Rise Uptown Bars
- Forks: Kink Strife Fork 100% Chromoly Steerer Tube with Tapered Legs
- Grips: Kink Alpha Grips w/ Kink Drive Barends
- Stem: Mission Converge Stem
- Headset: Mission Integrated Sealed Headset
- Seat: Kink Rival Pivotal
- Post: Mission Pivotal Seat Post w/ Slim Seat Clamp
- Brakes: Tektro 907 U-Brake with Straight Linear Cable
- Hubs: F - Mission Sealed Mid Bottom Bracket, R - Mission React Sealed Cassette Hub w/ 9t Driver
- Rims: F - Alienation Black Sheep, R - Alienation Black Sheep Chrome Plated
- Tires: F - Duo Stunner 20x2.20 in, R - Duo Stunner 20x2.20 in
- Cranks: 3pc Tubular Chromoly Cranks
- Pedals: Mission Alloy Pedals with Removable Pins
- Pegs: 2 Steel Pegs
User Reviews (1)
Lighter than many entry-level BMX bikes
Durable frame construction resists denting or damage even during considerable wipeouts
Inclusion of steel pegs is good for this price point, not all models have them
Stylish matte design with silver highlights blends well with chains
Relatively affordable starter BMX bike, ideal for beginners or teens
Aluminum pedals are a nice touch rather than plastic
Rear tire seems is oversized and handles awkwardly on some surfaces
Grips wear out quickly and are sub-par to some other entry-level grips
Stem feels bulky and heavier than competing models
You may also like...