HP Officejet 4500
Released March, 2010
The Pros:Print quality of black and white documents is very sharp and clear. Both color and black and white documents are printed quickly. With ethernet port can connect printer to your network and enable wireless printing.
The Cons:Photo printing quality is low detail, colors inaccurate. Display is very small, only two lines of text. No printed manual included, needs to be downloaded from the website.
The HP Officejet 4500 is an all-in-one unit that handles color printing, scanning, and faxing for small office environments. The duty cycle per month for printing is 3000 sheets, or approximately 100 per day.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Black ink printing can be done at up to 28 pages per minute and color ink printing up to 22 pages per minute, although at these speeds quality needs to be reduced. Top quality settings support 600 dpi in black and 1200 dpi in color when proper paper is used, and borderless printing is supported on Letter sized paper. The scanner can read a document in on the flatbed portion or the automatic document feeder can be used when scanning multiple pages. The scanning resolution can be set to up to 1200dpi, but special enhanced mode settings can be used to create a scan equivalent to 19200dpi. The fax can send pages as quickly as 3 seconds per page. This unit connects to a computer with a USB cable or to a network with an Ethernet cable, and the fax connects to the phone line with a standard phone jack.
- Print, copy, scan, color fax
- Black print speed: Up to 28 ppm
- Color print speed: Up to 22 ppm
- Black print resolution: Up to 600 x 600 dpi rendered dpi black
- Color print resolution: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi
- Display: 1-line LCD (text)
- Borderless printing
- Scanner resolution: Up to 1200 dpi, or Enhanced mode up to 19,200 dpi
- Maximum scan size: ADF - 8.5 x 14 in, Flatbed - 8.5 x 11.7 in
- Fax transmission speed: 3 sec per page
- Fax speed dials: Up to 99 numbers
- Copy speed: Color - Up to 22 cpm, Black - Up to 28 cpm
- Paper sizes: Letter, legal, executive, cards
- Duty cycle: Up to 3000 pages
- Paper handling: 100-sheet input tray, 20-sheet automatic document feeder
- Connectivity: 1 USB; 1 Phone; 1 RJ-45 (10/100Base-TX)
- ENERGY STAR qualified
User Reviews (5)
print quality of black and white documents is very sharp and clear
both color and black and white documents are printed quickly
with ethernet port can connect printer to your network and enable wireless printing
2 paper loading options. automatic document feeder and regular paper tray
black color and sleek lines make the printer look expensive and sophisticated
photo printing quality is low detail, colors inaccurate
display is very small, only two lines of text
no printed manual included, needs to be downloaded from the website
makes a fair amount of noise when handling paper
You may also like...