Released December, 2009
The Pros:Excellent price for a CrossFireX-capable LGA1156 motherboard. CrossFireX-capable microATX board--great layout eliminates any possible awkwardness. "Advanced BIOS" really is very fully featured and well laid out.
The Cons:Second PCI-E x16 slot is limited to x4. Some notable stability issues concerning the SATA ports could lead to a dead mobo. Doesn't have much room for more than a couple fan connectors.
The Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H is a low-cost motherboard for Intel LGA1156 format CPUs. This MicroATX format board is similar to the Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H, but has a number of extra features to support multimedia work, including an eSATA port for external storage and 2 IEEE 1394a FireWire ports.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Further enhancements include the inclusion of D-Sub, DVI-D, DisplayPort and HDMI ports for use if a CPU is installed with graphics processing capabilities. If more graphics processing is required, 2 PCI-E slots enable the use of ATI CrossFireX technology to allow multiple video cards to work in tandem. High definition audio processing is also built in, and optical S/PDIF outputs enable lossless transmission of the audio signal.
- MicroATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 23cm
- Intel LGA1156 CPU slot, supports Intel Core i7 series, Intel Core i5 series, Intel Core i3 series
- 4 x DDR3 DIMM sockets, up to 16 GB
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2200+/1800/1600/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
- On-board audio: Realtek ALC889, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet, RTL8111E chip
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x4, 2 x PCI slots
- 1 x IDE connector
- Support for ATI CrossFireX technology
- 5 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s connector
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- Up to 2 IEEE 1394a (FireWire) ports
- PS/2 keyboard or PS/2 mouse port, D-Sub port, DVI-D port, HDMI port, DisplayPort, IEEE 1394a port, optical S/PDIF Out connector, 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, eSATA 3Gb/s connector, RJ-45 port, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/ Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP
User Reviews (1)
Excellent price for a CrossFireX-capable LGA1156 motherboard.
CrossFireX-capable microATX board--great layout eliminates any possible awkwardness.
"Advanced BIOS" really is very fully featured and well laid out.
Surprisingly good overclocking performance--doesn't overheat despite the compact size.
Second PCI-E x16 slot is limited to x4.
Some notable stability issues concerning the SATA ports could lead to a dead mobo.
Doesn't have much room for more than a couple fan connectors.
Doesn't fit microATX mounting standards 100%--installation may be a hassle.
You may also like...