Released August, 2010
The Pros:System is very plug-and-play, no real advanced setup required. Included software enables easy overclocking. Onboard graphics will be adequate for almost any task.
The Cons:No USB 3 support available. Limited video memory makes some Windows visual effects run slowly.
The Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2 is a low-cost MicroATX sized motherboard that has a slot for LGA1156 CPUs. This is similar in design to the Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H, but it is scaled to support older processors including the Pentium series.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
This means that the memory is also slower, and requires overclocking to get to 1666 MHz. The support for ATI CrossFireX has also been removed, as the second PCI-E slot is scaled down to x1 speed. Other features remain the same, including onboard 7.1 channel high definition audio onboard and a 10/100/1000 Ethernet port built in. When using CPUs that include graphics processing a built in D-Sub port is made available. There are a total of 6 SATA connectors for various drives.
- MicroATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 21.0cm
- Intel LGA1156 CPU slot, supports Intel Core i7, Intel Core i5, Intel Core i3, Intel Pentium processors
- 2 x DDR3 DIMM sockets, up to 16GB
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 1666 (O.C.)/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
- Onboard audio: Realtek ALC888B, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Realtek RTL8111E chip
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x1, 1 x PCI slots
- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors supporting up to 6 SATA 3Gb/s devices
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- PS/2 keyboard port, PS/2 mouse port, D-Sub port, 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, RJ-45 port, 3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP
User Reviews (2)
system is very plug-and-play, no real advanced setup required
included software enables easy overclocking
onboard graphics will be adequate for almost any task
10/100/1000 Ethernet works without configuration, and needs no additional drivers
included software manages power saving effectively
no USB 3 support available
limited video memory makes some Windows visual effects run slowly
You may also like...