Released August, 2010
The Pros:Ample expansion slots and port connections for the vast majority of consumers, including gamers. HDMI output. Affordable price point.
The Cons:Only a single PCIe x16 slot - not compatible with multiple graphics cards. No SATA 3 or USB 3. Only two RAM sockets - limited capacity and dual-channel use only.
The Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H is a low-cost MicroATX sized motherboard that supports Intel LGA1156 format CPUs. The smaller motherboard form factor is designed to provide support for Intel CPUs that have graphics processing built in, and provides D-Sub, DVI-D and HDMI ports accordingly.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
For users that want to use separate graphics cards there are 2 PCI-E slots and support for ATI CrossFireX to allow 2 video cards to share the graphics processing load. Up to 16GB of high speed memory can be used, although formatting of the DDR3 DIMMs is restricted by the limited number of sockets. 10/100/1000 Ethernet is built in, and 6 SATA connectors are available.
- MicroATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 21.0cm
- Intel LGA1156 CPU slot, supports Intel Core i7 series, Intel Core i5 series, Intel Core i3 series
- 2 x DDR3 DIMM sockets, up to 16 GB
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2200+/1800/1600/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
- D-Sub, DVI-D, HDMI ports
- Onboard audio: Realtek ALC888B, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Realtek RTL8111E chip
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x4, 2 x PCI slots
- Support for ATI CrossFireX technology
- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- PS/2 keyboard or PS/2 mouse port, D-Sub port, DVI-D port, HDMI port, optical S/PDIF Out connector, 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, RJ-45 port, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/ Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP
User Reviews (15)
ample expansion slots and port connections for the vast majority of consumers, including gamers
made by Gigabyte - a leader and top competitor in motherboard design
impressive USB improvements allow certain ports to be used to charge high-draw devices properly, capable of being used while the computer is off
only a single PCIe x16 slot - not compatible with multiple graphics cards
only two RAM sockets - limited capacity and dual-channel use only
You may also like...