Released March, 2010
The Pros:Runs rock-solid under most configurations. Generates very little heat under normal or even heavy use conditions. Good range of expandability options for the future, versatile design.
The Cons:Needs to be thoroughly checked upon receipt, some Quality Assurance issues reported.
The Gigabyte GA-EP45T-USB3P is an ATX sized motherboard that uses Intel LGA 775 format CPUs. This is similar to the Gigabyte GA-EP45T-UD3P in most ways, but has added support for 2 USB 3.0 ports which run up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
ATI CrossFireX technology support is now supplied as well, enabling graphics processing to be split between two video cards. To make room for these extra features, only a single 10/100/1000 Ethernet port is made available. Otherwise they are the same, with 4 DDR3 DIMM sockets that can handle up to 16 GB of memory and 6 SATA connectors with full RAID support. FireWire and PS/2 ports are available, and the built-in audio system outputs high definition audio with support for Dolby Home Theater technology.
- ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- Intel LGA 775 CPU slot, support for Intel Core 2 Extreme, Intel Core 2 Quad, Intel Core 2 Duo, Intel Pentium processor Extreme Edition, Intel Pentium D, Intel Pentium 4 processor Extreme Edition, Intel Pentium 4, Intel Celeron
- Front Side Bus: 1600/1333/1066/800 MHz FSB
- North Bridge: Intel P45 Express Chipset
- South Bridge: Intel ICH10R
- 4 x DDR3 DIMM sockets, up to 16 GB
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2200+/1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
- Built in audio: Realtek ALC889, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for Dolby Home Theater, S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Realtek 8111D chip
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x8, 3 x PCI Express x1, 2 x PCI slots
- Support for ATI CrossFireX technology
- 6x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Support for SATA RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10
- 1 x IDE connector
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- Up to 2 USB 3.0 ports
- Up to 3 IEEE 1394a (FireWire) ports
- PS/2 mouse port, PS/2 keyboard/mouse port, optical S/PDIF Out connector, coaxial S/PDIF Out connector, 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 2 x IEEE 1394a ports, RJ-45 ports, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line
- Support for Microsoft/ Windows/ Vista/XP
User Reviews (1)
runs rock-solid under most configurations
generates very little heat under normal or even heavy use conditions
good range of expandability options for the future, versatile design
overclocking is extremely easy using the included utility
BIOS is very user-friendly, easy to find what you're looking for and make the correct adjustments
stable enough to be used in a server, even though it isn't officially "server grade"
needs to be thoroughly checked upon receipt, some Quality Assurance issues reported
You may also like...