Released May, 2010
The Pros:Very easy to install - integrates smoothly within Micro ATX-compatible PCs. Superb Blu-ray/DVD playback - maintains little to no quality degradation through HDMI connection. Temperature monitoring is ultra-convenient - allows users to cut back on CPU expenditure to prevent long-term damage.
The Cons:Not conducive to Linux operations - boot and freezing issues are inherent.
The Gigabyte GA-880GMA-UD2H is an all-in-one motherboard in a Micro ATX form factor. This motherboard attempts to built in all major functions, including video support with the use of a CPU with built-in graphics processing.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
This makes it ideal for simple systems, although expandability options are limited. Up to 16GB of DDR3 memory can be used, but only up to a maximum of 1800 MHz access speed can be used when overclocked. A PCI-E x16 slot and a second PCI-E x16 running at x4 support ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology, allowing the use of multiple video cards for graphics support as long as those cards fit in a Micro ATX case. USB 2.0 and 3.0 standards are supported, and FireWire ports are also available. Audio and Internet functionality is built in, and an eSATA connector is available in addition to 5 internal SATA connectors that support RAIDs in multiple configurations.
- Form Factor: Micro ATX; 24.4cm x 24.4cm
- CPU socket for AM3 processors: AMD Phenom II, AMD Athlon II
- Hyper Transport Bus: 5200 MT/s
- North Bridge: AMD 880G
- South Bridge: AMD SB850
- 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets, up to 16 GB
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 1800(OC)/1333/1066 MHz
- Onboard Graphics, North Bridge
- Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC892, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for Dolby Home Theater, S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Realtek 8111D chip
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x4, 1 x PCI Express x1, 1 x PCI slots
- Support for ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology
- 5 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Support for SATA RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, and JBOD
- 1 x IDE connector
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- Up to 10 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- Up to 2 USB 3.0 ports
- Up to 2 IEEE 1394a (FireWire) ports
- PS/2 keyboard port or PS/2 mouse port, D-Sub port, DVI-D port, HDMI port, optical S/PDIF Out connector, IEEE 1394a (FireWire) port, 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, eSATA 6Gb/s connector, 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports, RJ-45 port, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP
User Reviews (1)
Very easy to install - integrates smoothly within Micro ATX-compatible PCs
Superb Blu-ray/DVD playback - maintains little to no quality degradation through HDMI connection
Temperature monitoring is ultra-convenient - allows users to cut back on CPU expenditure to prevent long-term damage
USB 3.0 rivals competitor Firewire models - virtually indistinguishable between FW 800
7.1-channel audio support enables full surround sound playback - ideal for music/video editing and content viewing
Heavy-duty performance for a miniature unit - dual channel memory and graphics chipset function like full-sized ATX units
Not conducive to Linux operations - boot and freezing issues are inherent
You may also like...