Released May, 2010
The Pros:Future proof - includes USB 3.0 connectivity. Supports any AMD AM3 compatible CPU, including Phenom II x6 processors. Looks good - features a cool blue color scheme.
The Cons:Larger graphics cards will cover 3 of the 5 SATA ports. Lacks SATA 6Gbps support. Comes with the previous generation SB710 southbridge.
The Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 is a motherboard using the Micro ATX form factor that supports AMD AM3 format processors. This is an expansion of the Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H, with added support for USB 3.0 standards and an additional FireWire port.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Otherwise they are the same, with on-board video support through the North Bridge and high definition on-board audio support. Up to 16 GB of DDR3 memory can be used with this motherboard, although access speeds are limited to 1800 MHz with overclocking. A PCI-E x16 slot is available to enable the use of a video card to take load off of the main CPU and system memory, and 5 SATA connections are available to enable multiple RAID configurations.
- Form Factor: Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 24.4cm
- CPU slot for AM3 processors: AMD Phenom II, AMD Athlon II
- Hyper Transport Bus, 5200 MT/s
- North Bridge: AMD 880G
- South Bridge: AMD SB710
- 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets, up to 16 GB
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 1800 (OC)/1666/1333/1066 MHz
- Onboard Graphics: Integrated in the North Bridge:
- Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC892, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for Dolby Home Theater, S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Realtek 8111D
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x1, 2 x PCI slots
- 1 x IDE connector
- 5 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s port
- Support for SATA RAID 0, 1, 10 and JBOD
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- Up to 2 USB 3.0 ports
- Up to 2 IEEE 1394a (FireWire) ports
- PS/2 keyboard port or PS/2 mouse port, D-Sub port, DVI-D port, HDMI port, optical S/PDIF Out connector, eSATA 3Gb/s port, IEEE 1394a port, 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports, RJ-45 port, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7/ Vista/ XP
User Reviews (2)
future proof - includes USB 3.0 connectivity
supports any AMD AM3 compatible CPU, including Phenom II x6 processors
looks good - features a cool blue color scheme
the ATX power connector is located opposite the I/O panel - great for cases with vertical airflow
integrates a large, stylish 'Turbo 3D' heatsink
larger graphics cards will cover 3 of the 5 SATA ports
comes with the previous generation SB710 southbridge
You may also like...