Released May, 2010
The Pros:Long manufacturer warranty - 3 years. Supports version 2.0 of the PCI Express x16 standard. Great for HTPC builds - supports 1080p video and surround sound out of the box.
The Cons:Doesn't support the latest connectivity options - SATA6 or USB3. Chipset heatsink - may not come fully attached to the board. The "Hybrid" graphics option isn't very useful - requires a low-end card for pairing.
The Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H is a Micro ATX motherboard with CPU sockets for the AM3 processor series. While the design is based on the Gigabyte GA-880GM-D2H, a number of features have been added to increase flexibility and performance.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Up to 16 GB of memory can now be loaded and overclocked to a 1800 MHz access speed, and ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology can be used between the PCI-E x16 and PCI-E x1 slots. Audio support has been expanded to include 7.1 channel high definition sound, and new port formats supported include eSATA and FireWire. Onboard video is still supported through the North Bridge, allowing the CPU to process video and output through D-Sub, DVI-D or HDMI ports.
- Form Factor: Micro ATX Form Factor; 24.4cm x 24.4cm
- CPU slot for AM3 processors: AMD Phenom II, AMD Athlon II
- Hyper Transport Bus, 5200 MT/s
- North Bridge: AMD 880G
- South Bridge: AMD SB710
- 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets, up to 16 GB
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 1800 (OC)/1666/1333/1066 MHz
- Onboard Graphics: Integrated in the North Bridge
- Onboard Audio: Realtek ALC892, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for Dolby Home Theater, S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Realtek 8111D
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x1, 2 x PCI slots
- Support for ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology
- 1 x IDE connector
- 5 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x eSATA 3Gb/s port
- Support for SATA RAID 0, 1, 10 and JBOD
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- Up to 2 IEEE 1394a (FireWire) ports
- PS/2 keyboard port or PS/2 mouse port, D-Sub port, DVI-D port, HDMI port, optical S/PDIF Out connector, eSATA 3Gb/s port, IEEE 1394a port, 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, RJ-45 port, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7/ Vista/ XP
User Reviews (2)
long manufacturer warranty - 3 years
supports version 2.0 of the PCI Express x16 standard
great for HTPC builds - supports 1080p video and surround sound out of the box
overclocking support - a good amount of options are available in the BIOS
doesn't support the latest connectivity options - SATA6 or USB3
chipset heatsink - may not come fully attached to the board
the "Hybrid" graphics option isn't very useful - requires a low-end card for pairing
SATA ports will become blocked when using a larger graphics card
You may also like...