Released May, 2010
The Pros:Supports the latest connectivity options including USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps. Good layout - won't lose any SATA connectors due to oversized graphics cards. Dual-BIOS support - a feature not found on all enthusiast boards.
The Cons:North bridge heat sink is somewhat loose - not tightly fastened to the board. Included manual isn't up to date - must visit the manufacturer's website for the latest version. Lacks HDMI output.
The Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H is an ATX sized motherboard built for AM3 sized CPU chips. The motherboard is designed to handle all major functions onboard, including video when a CPU is used that has graphics processing.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Expandability for video is limited to a single PCI-E x16 slot, although an additional PCI-E x16 running at x4 is available for use with ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology. Up to 16 GB of DDR3 memory can be used, although access speed to the memory is locked down to 2000 MHz with overclocking. Ethernet access and audio support are both built in, and 6 SATA connectors are available with native RAID support in multiple configurations. USB support allows for up to 12 USB ports, and up to 3 FireWire ports can also be used.
- Form Factor: ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm
- CPU socket for AM3 processors: AMD Phenom II, AMD Athlon II
- Hyper Transport Bus, 5200 MT/s
- North Bridge: AMD 880G
- South Bridge: AMD SB850
- 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets, up to 16 GB
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 2000(OC)/1333/1066 MHz
- Onboard Graphics, North Bridge
- Onboard Audio, Realtek ALC892, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for Dolby Home Theater, S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Realtek 8111D chip
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 1 x PCI Express x4, 2 x PCI Express x1, 3 x PCI slots
- Support for ATI Hybrid CrossFireX technology
- 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
- Support for SATA RAID 0, 1, 5, 10, and JBOD
- 1 x IDE connector
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- Up to 12 USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- Up to 2 USB 3.0 ports on the back panel
- Up to 3 IEEE 1394a (FireWire) ports
- PS/2 keyboard port or PS/2 mouse port, D-Sub port, DVI-D port, HDMI port, optical S/PDIF Out connector, 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports, IEEE 1394a (FireWire) port, RJ-45 port, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7, Vista, XP
User Reviews (5)
supports the latest connectivity options including USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gbps
good layout - won't lose any SATA connectors due to oversized graphics cards
Dual-BIOS support - a feature not found on all enthusiast boards
nicely designed - includes a large 'Turbo 3D' heatsink
lots of expansion options
supports Hybrid CrossFireX - maximum performance with a single discrete graphics card
north bridge heat sink is somewhat loose - not tightly fastened to the board
included manual isn't up to date - must visit the manufacturer's website for the latest version
You may also like...