Released May, 2010
The Pros:Supports the latest connectivity options - USB 3 and SATA 6Gbps. Nice layout - SATA ports won't be blocked by large graphics cards. Supports the latest 6-core CPUs from AMD.
The Cons:Requires a BIOS update for 6-core processor support. Includes more (space wasting) PCI slots than most users will need.
The Gigabyte GA-770TA-UD3 is an ATX sized motherboard built to support AM3 format processors. This motherboard is designed for situations that require support for a large number of high speed peripherals, with 2 eSATA connectors, support for 3 FireWire ports, and 2 USB 3.0 ports.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Up to 16 GB of memory can be added that can be overclocked to 1866 MHz, and a PCI-E x16 slot is available for faster video processing. High definition audio is supported on-board, and 10/100/1000 Ethernet is built in. There are also 6 SATA connectors supporting a number of RAID configurations.
- Form Factor: ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 23.0 cm
- Socket for AM3 processors: AMD Phenom II, AMD Athlon II
- Hyper Transport Bus: 5200 MT/s
- North Bridge: AMD 770
- South Bridge: AMD SB710
- 4 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets, up to 16 GB
- Dual channel memory architecture
- Support for DDR3 1866(OC)/1333/1066 MHz memory modules
- Built-in Audio: Realtek ALC888, High Definition Audio, 2/ 4/ 5.1/ 7.1-channel
- Support for S/PDIF In/Out, CD In
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet, Realtek 8111D
- 1 x PCI Express x16, 2 x PCI Express x1, 4 x PCI slots
- 1 x IDE connector
- 6 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
- Support for SATA RAID 0, 1, 10, and JBOD
- 2 x eSATA 3Gb/s connectors
- 1 x floppy disk drive connector
- Up to 10 USB 2.0 / 1.1 ports
- Up to 2 USB 3.0 / 2.0 ports
- Up to 3 IEEE 1394a (FireWire) ports
- PS/2 keyboard port, PS/2 mouse port, optical S/PDIF Out connector, coaxial S/PDIF out connector, 6 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports, 2 x USB 3.0/2.0 ports, 2 x IEEE 1394a port, 2 x eSATA 3Gb/s ports, RJ-45 port, 6 x audio jacks (Center/Subwoofer Speaker Out/Rear Speaker Out/Side Speaker Out/Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
- Support for Microsoft Windows 7 / Vista / XP
User Reviews (4)
supports the latest connectivity options - USB 3 and SATA 6Gbps
nice layout - SATA ports won't be blocked by large graphics cards
supports the latest 6-core CPUs from AMD
good overclocking support
lots of space for large aftermarket CPU coolers
good documentation - the included manual is easy to follow
requires a BIOS update for 6-core processor support
includes more (space wasting) PCI slots than most users will need
You may also like...