Released September, 2010
The Pros:Enough output for small to medium sized venues. Clean, big sounds that don't distort. Overdrive is great for blues, jam, and classic rock.
The Cons:Won't get the distortion needed for modern rock sounds. Very heavy, needs to be carried on its own. Too loud for many venues, needs to be kept in the 25 watt mode.
The Fender Twin-Amp is a tube amplifier with distortion-free amplification options and a high-gain distortion channel. This is similar in general to the Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb, but drives a higher 100 watts through a pair of 12 inch Special Design Eminence speakers.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
A 25 watt setting is available for smaller venues, and a larger number of tubes is used in the total system for more precise audio and flexibility. Reverb and Vibrato effects can be applied independently to the Normal and Drive channels, and fine-grain control of the tone of each channel is fully accessible. The included pedal has 4 buttons on it, allowing 4 separate presets to be selected instantly on the fly.
- Amplifier Type: Tube
- Effects Loop: Effects Loop with Send Level & Return Level
- Inputs: One
- Auxiliary Input: 1/4 in Footswitch Jack
- Extension Speaker Jack: Extension Speaker Jack
- Channels: Two Selectable Channels (Normal and Drive)
- Power Handling: 100 Watts into 4 ohms
- Rectifier: Solid State Rectifier
- Controls: Normal Channel: Volume, Bright Switch, Treble, Bass, Middle. Drive Channel: Gain, Treble, Bass, Middle, Volume, Channel Select Switch, Reverb. Tremolo: Speed, Intensity, Presence
- Cabinet Material: Baltic Birch Plywood Cabinet
- Tilt Back Legs: 19 in Tilt Back Legs
- Front Panel: "Blackface" Style Control Panel
- Input Impedance: 1 M Input Impedance
- Dimensions (L x W x H): 12 27/32 x 26 3/8 x 19 7/8 in, 32.8 x 67.3 x 50.7 cm
- Weight: 80 lbs, 36.28 kg
- Effects: Spring Reverb, Vibrato
- Speaker: 2 x 12 in Special Design Eminence 8 ohm, 50 watt Speakers, p/n 0071298000
- Pre Amp Tubes: 5 X 12AX7WA, 2 x 12AX7, 1 x 12AT7
- Power Tubes: 4 x 6L6
- Knobs: Skirted Amp Knobs
- Accessories: Includes Amp Cover, 4-Button Footswitch, and Removable Casters
User Reviews (1)
enough output for small to medium sized venues
clean, big sounds that don't distort
overdrive is great for blues, jam, and classic rock
capable of warm, rich sounds that pair well with a Fender Strat
won't get the distortion needed for modern rock sounds
very heavy, needs to be carried on its own
too loud for many venues, needs to be kept in the 25 watt mode
need to push it past 3 to get the proper warmth, but that's way too loud for any but the larger venues
You may also like...