Eastern Mothra (2011)
Released January, 2011
The Pros:Frame is strong and solid, can handle the abuse most riders give it. Pegs are solid and easy to work with. Nice design, has a compressed "solid" kind of look.
The Cons:Tires don't hold much PSI, don't give you a lot of response. Eastern has a history of weak handles, makes you a bit nervous. Looses some stability on trail riding, tends to be hard to control over rough patches.
The Eastern Mothra (2011) is a professional-grade BMX bike designed to be ridden hard by bigger or more experienced riders. Featured are a bevy of premium-grade components such as an enhanced hydroformed downtube that’s stronger and more aesthetically pleasing than conventional tubes, slim and lightweight crown pedals for an easier grip, and Pop-N-Lock hubguards that provide superior protection to the included Eastern and Nitrous hubs.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Featured also is a 4130 Chromoly frame, an Eastern Full 4130 Chromoly fork, and double-wall, u-shaped rims that includes more material to increase the strength of the rims.
- Eastern BMX Bike (2011)
- Premium Components
- Hydroformed Downtube
- Crown Pedals
- Pop-N-Lock Hubguards
- Chromoly Frame/Fork
- U-Shaped Rims
- Replaceable Brake Mounts
- FRAME // Mothra Frame Full 4130 Chromoly Frame, NEW! Hydro Formed Down Tube with Integrated Gusset, Replaceable Brake Mounts, Cable Stop. Holes for Gyro Tabs. 78mm wide BB to allow for wider tire clearance
- FORK // Eastern Full 4130 Chromoly, Machined Bearing Race w/ Tapered Legs and Hangfree Dropout Design
- BARS // Eastern FULL 4130 Chromoly 8.25"x 28" w/ 2mm Wall Thickness
- HEADSET // Sealed Bearing 45/45 Internal
- BB // Sealed bearing, mid bottom bracket
- PEDALS // NEW! Eastern Crown pedals
- GRIPS // Eastern Fuquay Flyer Grip
- STEM // NEW! NEW Eastern Compressor 6061 alloy CNCed frontload stem
- SPROCKET // NEW! Eastern Phorcys 25T 6061 Alloy
- CRANKS // Eastern Shaft 175mm, tubular chromoly heat-treated 3pc.
- SEAT // NEW! One-Piece Padded Kevlar/Alloy Seatpost Combo w/ Embroidered Logo
- TIRE FRONT // Eastern Fuquay Flyer 20" x 2.3" OEM Version
- TIRE REAR // Eastern Fuquay Flyer 20" x 2.3" OEM Version
- HUB FRONT // Eastern Logo 36H Alloy Shell, Sealed Bearing, 3/8" Chromoly Axle
- HUB REAR // Sealed Bearing 36H Cassette Hub. Forged 6061 Alloy Shell, 1-piece 9-Tooth Driver with 6 Pawl Engagement, Hollow 14MM Axle, 5 Sealed Bearings and Low-Profile Hub Shell Specially Designed to Accommodate the Eastern Pop-N-Lock Hub Guard
- HUBGUARD // NEW! Eastern Pop-N-Lock
- RIM FRONT // Semi U-Shaped Double Wall Alloy Rim, 36 Hole
- RIM REAR // Semi U-Shaped Double Wall Alloy Rim, 36 Hole
- REAR BRAKES // Forged Alloy U-Brake / Straight Cable / NEW! Eastern 6061 Forged Lever with Hinged Clamp
- FREEWHEEL // Sealed Bearing, 9T One Piece Driver w/ 6 Pawls
- CHAIN // KMC Z510H
- SEAT CLAMP // NEW! Eastern Low Boy
- PEGS // 2 pegs
User Reviews (2)
frame is strong and solid, can handle the abuse most riders give it
pegs are solid and easy to work with
nice design, has a compressed "solid" kind of look
stem is easy to adjust and really solid
something about the balance makes it easy to shift and move around, really maneuverable
tires don't hold much PSI, don't give you a lot of response
Eastern has a history of weak handles, makes you a bit nervous
looses some stability on trail riding, tends to be hard to control over rough patches
You may also like...