Eastern Growler (2011)
Released September, 2010
The Pros:Looks good - comes with a simple, flat gray finish with nice blue rims. Includes a hub guard - most bike manufacturers do not include one. The seat can be lowered very far down.
The Cons:Doesn't include a pivoting seat post. The back hub is loud. Fork comes with very little steer tub.
The Eastern Growler (2011) is a BMX bike built for expert riders. This is similar to the Eastern Shovelhead (2011), but has a shorter frame, Eastern Fuquay Flyer grips, and Eastern Fuquay Flyer tires to match.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The tires and the Semi U-shaped double wall alloy rim optimize this bike for speed a bit more than the Shovelhead. Updates to the 2011 model include a hydro formed down tube with an integrated gusset in the frame. Eastern crown pedals are now used, and the seat is a one-piece padded kevlar alloy that has the seatpost attached. An Eastern Low Boy seat clamp is now used, and the sprocket has been switched to an Eastern Phorcys 25T 6061 alloy. The last update is the brake lever, which has been switched to an Eastern 6061 forged lever with a hinged clamp.
- Frame: Growler Frame with 4130 Chromoly Top & Downtube, Hydro Formed Down Tube with Integrated Gusset Replaceable Brake Mounts, Cable Stop. Holes for Gyro Tabs. 78mm wide BB to allow for wider tire clearance
- Fork: Eastern Full 4130 Chromoly, Tapered Legs and Hangfree Dropout Design
- Bars: Eastern FULL 4130 Chromoly 8.25 x 28 in, 2mm Wall Thickness
- Headset: Sealed Bearing 45/45 Internal
- BB: Sealed bearing, mid bottom bracket
- Pedals: Eastern Crown pedals
- Grips: Eastern Fuquay Flyer Grip
- Stem: Eastern Forged Alloy
- Sprocket: Eastern Phorcys 25T 6061 Alloy
- Cranks: Eastern Shaft 175mm, tubular chromoly heat-treated 3pc.
- Seat: One-Piece Padded Kevlar/Alloy Seatpost Combo w/ Embroidered Logo
- Tire (Front): Eastern Fuquay Flyer 20 x 2.3 in OEM Version
- Tire (Rear): Eastern Fuquay Flyer 20 x 2.3 in OEM Version
- Hub (Front): Eastern Logo 36H Alloy Shell, Sealed Bearing, 3/8 in Chromoly Axle
- Hub (Rear): Sealed Bearing 36H Cassette Hub. Forged 6061 Alloy Shell, 1-piece 9-Tooth Driver with 6 Pawl Engagement, Hollow 14MM Axle, 5 Sealed Bearings and Low-Profile Hub Shell Specially Designed to Accommodate the Eastern Pop-N-Lock Hub Guard
- Hubguard: Eastern Pop-N-Lock
- Rim (Front, Rear): Semi U-Shaped Double Wall Alloy Rim, 36 Hole
- Rear Brakes: Forged Alloy U-Brake, Straight Cable
- Brake Lever: Eastern 6061 Forged Lever with Hinged Clamp
- Freewheel: Sealed Bearing, 9T One Piece Driver w/ 6 Pawls
- Chain: KMC Z510H
- Seat Clamp: Eastern Low Boy
- Pegs: 2 pegs
User Reviews (17)
looks good - comes with a simple, flat gray finish with nice blue rims
includes a hub guard - most bike manufacturers do not include one
the seat can be lowered very far down
value - well built, and includes quality parts for its price
comes with thick, grippy tires
bike is light and looks sweet and durable
doesn't include a pivoting seat post
fork comes with very little steer tub
the back hub isnt loud enough
comes with cheap plastic pedals
You may also like...