Eastern Battery (2011)
Released September, 2010
The Pros:Classic and stylish BMX design, looks good. Can take some heavy abuse without warping. Maneuverable enough for freestyling.
The Cons:Grips feel cheap and can't take much abuse. Frame and bars are heavier than average.
The Eastern Battery (2011) is a BMX bike sized for younger riders. This is similar to the Eastern Piston (2011), but uses a 3 piece forged chromoly system for the cranks with an 8-spline spindle. Otherwise they are the same, with updates from the 2010 model including Eastern Crown pedals, and a Nitrous Logo one-piece seat and post combo.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The frame and fork are made with 1020 steel for durability, and Eastern Coral grips are used on the handlebars to prevent slips. 20 inch Kendra tires are used, and the rear brake is a forged alloy U-Brake that uses a straight cable system.
- Frame: Battery Hi-Tensile Strength 1020 Steel Frame
- Fork: Battery Hi-Tensile Strength 1020 Steel
- Bars: 7.5 x 25 in with 10 deg Sweep
- Headset: 1-1/8 in Aheadset
- BB: American Loose Ball Bearing
- Pedals: Eastern Crown pedals
- Grips: Eastern Coral Grip
- Stem: Forged Alloy Front Load
- Sprocket: 25T Steel with Nitrous Graphic
- Cranks: Forged Chromoly Heat-Treated 3pc. Cranks with 8-Spline Spindle
- Seat: Nitrous Logo One Piece Seat and Alloy Post Combo
- Tire (Front): Kenda K-RAD, 20 x 2.125 in
- Tire (Rear): Kenda K841, 20 x 2.0 in
- Hub (Front): 36H 3/8" Loose Ball Bearing
- Hub (Rear): KT/Quando Semi-Sealed 36H Cassette Hub. 1-piece 9 Tooth Chromoly Driver, Hollow Chromoly Axle
- Rim (Front): Alloy 36 Hole
- Rim (Rear): Alloy 36 Hole
- Brakes (Rear): Forged Alloy U-Brake, Straight Cable, Forged Alloy lever, Designed for U-Brakes
- Freewheel: 9T One Piece Chromoly Driver
- Chain: KMC Z510
- Seat Clamp: Nitrous Forged Alloy Clamp
User Reviews (1)
classic and stylish BMX design, looks good
can take some heavy abuse without warping
maneuverable enough for freestyling
aggressive design ideal for trails and ramp
smooth and comfortable ride on the streets, takes curbs easily
grips feel cheap and can't take much abuse
frame and bars are heavier than average
You may also like...