Released January, 2010
The Pros:Black and dark red design combination looks impressive. Well tuned for fast acceleration. Built light, easy to lift and move.
The Cons:Tires don't have the all-terrain grip seen in some of the higher end models. Plastic pedals can chip or smash with a good hit.
The Helio is one of DK's low-cost Park/Trail BMX offerings. Like all their 2010 BMX offerings, DK emphasizes in promotion that the Helio is an improvement over previous models, and has been designed with the specs of professional BMXers.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Many of the features of the Helio are shared throughout the DK Park/Trail line, such as the 4130 chromoly frame, fork and handlebars (which have a slight 8" rise). The tires of the Helio are Kenda Park/Trail tires, which DK has used on all of their lower-cost Park/Trail offerings (as opposed to the Kenda multi-surface tires that the higher-cost DKs tend to have). The pedals on the Helio are DK plastic, which are the standard pedals for DK's lower-cost models. The Tektro alloy U-brake of the Helio is a feature shared throughout the DK Park/Trail line, present on every model in the series except for the Asterik 26, the flagship offering of this line.
- Frame: DK Park/Trail design 4130 Chromoly
- Fork: 4130 Chromoly (1-1/8”)
- Handlebar: DK 8” 2 pc 4130 Chromoly
- Grips: DK Tsuka
- Stem: Alloy 1-1/8” Front Load
- Headset: Integrated, sealed cartridge 1-1/8”
- Brake: Tektro FX-340 Alloy U-brake (seatstay mounted)
- Cranks: Tubular 3pc 175mm Chromoly
- Bottom Bracket: Mid sealed w/ 8 splined Chromoly spindle
- Pedals: DK Plastic
- Sprocket: DK 25T CNC Alloy
- Cog: 9T 1pc Cassette driver
- Chain: KMC
- Wheels: 36H Alienation PBR rims w/Alloy hubs 14mm Cassette
- Seat: DK Slim 7mm rails
- Post: Alloy 25.4 mm
- Tires: Kenda Park/Trail, 20”X 2.1” front & 1.95” rear
- DK Pegs
- Top Tube: 20.5”
- Chain Stay Length: 13.75”
- Head Tube Angle: 74.5 degrees
- Seat Tube Angle: 72 degrees
- Weight: 26.5 lbs.
- Flat Black/Red
- Gloss White/Red
User Reviews (4)
black and dark red design combination looks impressive
well tuned for fast acceleration
built light, easy to lift and move
brake is reliable, easy to work with
durable frame, can take a reasonable amount of abuse
tires don't have the all-terrain grip seen in some of the higher end models
plastic pedals can chip or smash with a good hit
You may also like...