Released January, 2010
The Pros:Lightweight build, easy to lift and hop. Stylish design, nice colors and styling. Can take a fair amount of abuse.
The Cons:Hard to configure, parts are really difficult to replace.
The Cygnus is one of DK's low-cost offerings in their line of Park/Trail BMXs. DK promotes this line of BMXs as being improved over their previous models. Like all of DK's Park/Trail BMXs, the Cygnus has a 4130 chromoly frame, fork and handlebars.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Rather than the aluminum platform pedals of DK's higher-cost offerings, the Cygnus has DK plastics. The tires on the Cygnus are Kenda Park/Trail tires, suited to the purpose of this BMX. The Tektro alloy brake is a feature shared by all the DK Park/Trail BMXs but the Asterik 26, DK's flagship park/trail BMX. The DK Tsuka grips are a feature shared by all of DK's Park/Trail BMXs.
- Frame: DK Park/Trail design 4130 Chromoly main frame
- Fork: 4130 Chromoly steer tube (1-1/8”)
- Handlebar: DK 7.3” 2 pc 4130 Chromoly
- Grips: DK Tsuka
- Stem: Alloy 1-1/8” Top Load
- Headset: 1-1/8” threadless
- Brake: Tektro Alloy U-brake (seatstay mounted)
- Cranks: Tubular 3pc 175mm Chromoly
- BB: Mid sealed w/ 8 splined Chromoly spindle
- Pedals: DK Plastic
- Sprocket: DK 25T
- Cog: 9T 1pc Cassette driver
- Chain: KMC
- Wheels: Alloy 36H rims w/Alloy hubs 14mm rear axle
- Seat: DK Slim 7mm rails
- Post: Alloy 25.4mm
- Tires: Kenda Park/Trail, 20”X 2.1” front & 1.95” rear
- DK Pegs
- Top Tube: 20.25”
- Chain Stay Length: 13.75”
- Head Tube Angle: 74.5 degrees
- Seat Tube Angle: 72 degrees
- Weight: 27.1 lbs.
User Reviews (1)
lightweight build, easy to lift and hop
stylish design, nice colors and styling
can take a fair amount of abuse
versatile design is at home in the skatepark and vertical ramp
very maneuverable, perfect for freestyling
pedals have great traction, feet stay secure
hard to configure, parts are really difficult to replace
You may also like...