DK Asterik 26
Released January, 2010
The Pros:Replaceable pedal pins significantly increase platform lifespan - aluminum construction contributes to lightweight nature. Mechanical disc brakes are highly beneficial to trick riding applications - responsive stopping enables flatground/freestyle maneuvering. Shorter alloy stem provides added lift for flatground and kicker jumps - reduces impact upon landing.
The Cons:Price is somewhat high for the feature set - $50 to $100 more than competitor models from Eastern and We The People.
The Asterik 26 is the flagship offering in DK's line of Park/Trail BMX bikes. In promotion, DK emphasizes the fact that the Asterik 26 and related DK BMXs are improvements of their previous models, and have been designed with specs from professional BMXers.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The Kenda 26" x 2.3" front and rear tires are multi-surface capable, which means that they will stand up to rough terrain. The butted design of the 26" 4130 chromoly frame has a varying thickness. The ends of the frame are thick to promote strength, and the middle of the frame is thinner in order to keep the overall weight down. The Marzocchi DJ-3 suspension fork with chromoly steerer has 80mm of travel, which is fairly low. This means the Asterik 26 will perform best in street and park environments, rather than uphill/downhill travel.
- 26" design 4130 butted chromoly frame
- Marzocchi DJ-3 suspension fork w/ chromoly steerer and 80mm travel
- Aluminum handlebars w/ 30mm rise
- DK Tsuka grips
- Short CNC alloy stem
- Integrated sealed cartridge 1-1/8'" headset
- Avid BB5 Mechanical Disc brake w/ 160mm rotor
- Cranks: DK Social 3pc 170mm Chromoly
- Mid sealed bottom bracket w/ 8 splined Chromoly spindle
- Aluminum Platform pedals w/ replaceable pins
- DK 33T CNC Alloy sprocket
- 16T Cassette cog
- KMC 410H chain
- Sun Ditch Witch Rim wheels w/ sealed Disc brake compatible hubs, 10mm solid axles
- DK Pivotal seat
- Alloy 25.4 mm Pivotal post
- Kenda Multi surface tires, 26”X 2.3” front & rear
- Color: Flat Cyan / White
- 22" top tube
- Chain Stay Length: 16.25"
- 69 degree head tube angle
- 70 degrees seat tube angle
- Weight: 32.1 lbs.
User Reviews (3)
Replaceable pedal pins significantly increase platform lifespan - aluminum construction contributes to lightweight nature
Mechanical disc brakes are highly beneficial to trick riding applications - responsive stopping enables flatground/freestyle maneuvering
Shorter alloy stem provides added lift for flatground and kicker jumps - reduces impact upon landing
Integrated headset unit provides a smoother, more consistent ride - performs better than standard threadless sets
Sealed components (headset, brackets, hubs) prevent moisture-related damage - minimize likelihood of premature rusting/corrosion
Very easy to customize - conducive to regular upgrades and configuration adjustments
Price is somewhat high for the feature set - $50 to $100 more than competitor models from Eastern and We The People
You may also like...