Released September, 2010
The Pros:Good performance for those than can get the product to work. Good wireless range. Good performance for the price.
The Cons:Highly unintuitive setup process, poor documentation. Subpar customer support. Poor firmware support from D-Link.
The D-Link DHP-W306AV is a network extender that connects to existing PowerLine Networks in the home. Using a basic push-button setup the unit connects to compatible networking hardware through the home's electrical system, establishing connections of up to 200Mbps and then making WiFi connectivity available.
Built-in QoS ensures that traffic is properly managed to avoid slow-downs, and that streams remain consistent for gaming or video playback. Fast Ethernet ports are also made available for wired network connections if needed. Network security is handled through standard WPA or WPA2 protocols, and is set up through the use of a single button.
- Speeds Up to 14x Faster than Wireless G
- Up to 200 Mbps through PowerLine Network
- Easily connect and secure Home Network with push button security
- Extend your existing wireless network coverage for Your Entire Home or Office
- Plug & Play Installation
- QoS Support to Prioritize Internet Traffic
- Connect Computers, Game Consoles, or Media Players to the Web
- Supports secure wireless encryption using WPA or WPA2
- Fast Ethernet Ports for Wired Network Speeds
- D-Link Green Product
User Reviews (1)
Good performance for those than can get the product to work
Good performance for the price
Highly unintuitive setup process, poor documentation
Poor firmware support from D-Link
Poor, tough to navigate settings menu design
You may also like...