Released December, 2010
The Pros:Wired and wireless connectivity options. The base design makes it easy to mount to most monitors. Pretty compact size (smaller than an iPhone).
The Cons:The setup wizard (which you need to view the camera on its website or via the iphone app) does not work on a MAC! So you need to take the Mac compatibility off of this as you need a PC to setup. Power cable is a bit on the short side. Seems to be very fragile--a small drop is likely to shatter it.
The D-Link DCS-930L is a mid-cost network camera. D-Link promotes this network camera as having a compact design that will fit in the smallest corners of your home. To get the DCS-930L going you simply connect the cables, plug in the camera, and run the installation wizard.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
You can view & manage the camera from mydlink.com. D-Link D-ViewCam management software is also included. This software equips you with the ability to record directly from the DCS-930L to a local hard drive, which eliminates the need for a dedicated computer to store video. You can also set up a scheduled recording with the D-ViewCam software. This camera works with the mydlink iPhone app, so that you can view it on-the go. The DCS-930L comes with a built-in microphone, so that you can video chat with it. This camera has wireless connectivity, with 802.11b/g WLAN and 802.11b/g/n Wireless (with WEP/WPA/WPA2 security). The D-Link DCS-930L network camera comes with a one year limited warranty.
- 1 year limited warranty
- Color: White
- Software (on CD-ROM)
- Product documentation
- Quick Install Guide
- Camera base
- Mounting kit
- Power adapter
- CAT5 Ethernet cable
- Wireless connectivity
- Minimum System Requirements: Wired (10/100 Fast Ethernet Network), PC w/ 1.3GHz processor, 128MB memory, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP SP2 (or Mac OS X(v10.4)), Internet Explorer v6 or later
- Multiple Camera Operation system Requirements: PC w/ 2.4GHz Processor, 512MB Memory, 32MB Video Card, Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP SP2 (or Mac OS X(v10.4)), Internet Explorer v6 or later
- Built-in microphone
- D-Link D-ViewCam management software
- Horizontal viewing angle: 45.3°
- Vertical viewing angle: 34.5°
- Diagonal viewing angle: 54.9°
- Digital Zoom up to 4x
- 3A Control
- AGC (Auto Grain Control)
- Resolution: 640 x 480 at up to 20 fps, 320 x 240 at up to 30 fps, 160 x 120 at up to 30 fps
- Lens Focal length: 5.01 mm, F2.8
- VGA 1/5 inch CMOS Sensor
- Minimum Illumination: 1 Flux @ F2.8
- 32 MB SDRAM
- 4 MB flash memory
- Reset to factory default
- JPEG for still images
- Adjustable image size and quality
- Time stamp and text overlay
- Internet Explorer v6.0 or above, Firefox 3.5 or above, Safari 4, Chrome, Java
- 10/100Base-TX Fast Ethernet
- 802.11b/g WLAN
- 802.11b/g/n Wireless w/ WEP/WPA/WPA2 security
- 16dbm for 11b, 12dbm for 11g, 12dbm for 11n (typical)
User Reviews (4)
Wired and wireless connectivity options.
The base design makes it easy to mount to most monitors.
Pretty compact size (smaller than an iPhone).
The included installation software makes setup a breeze on a Windows PC.
Easy-to-use web interface offers complete control over video/audio/network settings.
The setup wizard (which you need to view the camera on its website or via the iphone app) does not work on a MAC! So you need to take the Mac compatibility off of this as you need a PC to setup.
Power cable is a bit on the short side.
Seems to be very fragile--a small drop is likely to shatter it.
You may also like...