Released January, 2011
The Pros:Efficient and powerful Class D (digital) amplification - lighter weight and cooler than other types of amplification. Extremely impressive sound quality with the ability to get insanely loud without any distortion. Easy to setup - just a single connection to each speaker.
The Cons:Short cables make it difficult to position the oversized subwoofer in a convenient location. Fairly padestrian aesthetic - doesn't look very flashy, or even well designed/made. No digital inputs.
The Corsair SP2500 is a multimedia speaker system. In promotion, Corsair emphasizes the fact that this speaker system is for gamers who demand high-fidelity audio, great stereo imaging, and dramatic bass performance.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Accordingly, this speaker system has a PC input, and includes the 3.5mm-to-stereo RCA cable for the PC input. This speaker system consists of two fifty-six watt satellite speakers and a sixty watt subwoofer. Each two-way satellite speaker contains a 3" midrange driver and a 1" ferrofluid-cooled silk diaphragm tweeter, which makes for an accurate audio reproduction. The digital signal processor of the SP2500 provides processing and equalization effects that optimize the sound for gaming as well as film and music genres, and you can choose from custom listening environments. This system features two audio inputs for connecting your MP3 or network music player. The Corsair SP2500 multimedia speaker system comes with a desktop controller, which has a 1.8 inch color TFT display.
- 2.1 channels
- 232 watts total power
- 60w Subwoofer
- 2 56w Satellite speakers
- Desktop controller w/ 6’/1.8m cable
- 3.5mm to stereo RCA cable for PC input
- Two 6’ / 1.8m satellite audio cables w/ ATX4 connectors
- Power cable
- PC input on subwoofer
- Dual 3.5mm auxiliary inputs (one on subwoofer, one on desktop controller)
- 3.5mm headphone output w/ digital signal processing
- Wired desktop controller w/ high-resolution color 1.8” TFT display
- Multi-lingual interface (English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Russian, Portuguese, Japanese, and Simplified Chinese)
- Mod X theatrical audio processing for Blu-Ray and DVD
- DSP programs and EQ curves for late night listening, environment simulation, and game and movie genres
User Reviews (4)
efficient and powerful Class D (digital) amplification - lighter weight and cooler than other types of amplification
extremely impressive sound quality with the ability to get insanely loud without any distortion
easy to setup - just a single connection to each speaker
well designed wired remote with backlit display, auxiliary input for use with mobile audio devices
short cables make it difficult to position the oversized subwoofer in a convenient location
fairly padestrian aesthetic - doesn't look very flashy, or even well designed/made
just 2.1 - not a surround set, and no option to expand it to be one
extremely large subwoofer
You may also like...