Released November, 2010
The Pros:Easy enough to install without needing a professional installer. Menus are easy to navigate and well laid out. Integrated microphone picks up your voice well, can be heard over road noise.
The Cons:Has volume control issues after a phone call. Turn on the car and audio is blasting at times. Locks up frequently. When video is in the wrong aspect ratio, it gets stretched. Menus are displayed through RCA outputs as well, so rear-seat external displays will see them.
The Clarion VZ401 is a DVD receiver with full support for Bluetooth-enabled devices. This is nearly identical in features to the Clarion VX401, but uses a single-DIN design with a 7 inch motorized flip-out touch panel display.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Bluetooth support covers a range of interface types making most Bluetooth-enabled devices compatible, and a built-in microphone enables hands-free calling. Audio CDs and video DVDs can be played, as well as data discs containing MP3 or WMA files. Input can also come from a 3.5mm AUX port on the front or RCA inputs on the back, and extra RCA outputs can send video to additional screens in the back seat. A rear USB port can be used to enable full control of an iPod when connected. Audio output runs at 40 watts over each of 4 channels, and a 6-channel 2 volt RCA output is also built in for further expansion.
- 7 in Motorized Digital WVGA Touch Panel LCD Monitor
- CD/MP3/WMA/DVD Playback
- Built-in Bluetooth Interface (HFP, HSP, OPP, A2DP, AVRCP)
- Built-in Microphone and External Microphone Ready with Optional RCB199
- Navigation Ready with Optional NP401
- Front 3.5mm, Rear RCA inputs
- Video RCA Output
- Rear USB Port with iPod Direct Connect Capabilities
- iPod Audio/Video Control with Optional CCA748 iPod Interface Cable
- Rear Vision Camera Composite Video Input
- Sirius Direct Connect Ready
- HD Radio Ready with Optional THD400
- 40 Watts x 4 Built-in Amplifier
- 6-Channel / 2 Volt RCA Output
- Subwoofer Volume Control
- Built-in Low-Pass Filters
- Magna Bass EX Dynamic Bass Enhancement and Parametric Equalizer
- OEM Steering Wheel Remote Ready
- Wireless Remote Control Included
User Reviews (2)
easy enough to install without needing a professional installer
menus are easy to navigate and well laid out
integrated microphone picks up your voice well, can be heard over road noise
Has volume control issues after a phone call. Turn on the car and audio is blasting at times. Locks up frequently.
when video is in the wrong aspect ratio, it gets stretched
menus are displayed through RCA outputs as well, so rear-seat external displays will see them
included remote control is awkward, poor response
You may also like...