Released November, 2010
The Pros:Audio output from CDs and DVDs is high quality, clear and detailed - limited only by speaker capabilities. Easy to use while driving once you're used to it. Many upgrade options for future expansion.
The Cons:Can get error messages when connecting an iPod with non-Clarion cables.. still works, just errors. Takes some time to learn where the options are in the menus, not intuitive. IPod integration is lacking, tends to miss items in the library.
The Clarion VX401 is a video receiver for car entertainment systems. This is similar to the Clarion VZ401, but uses a 2-din flat panel design rather than a flip-out screen. The 6.2 inch touch panel LCD will show menu options and full-motion video, and the drive is compatible with CDs, DVDs, and data discs containing MP3 and WMA files.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Bluetooth is built in that works with all compatible devices, and a built-in microphone is available for hands-free calling. Inputs are also available through an auxiliary 3.5mm port for portable media players, and RCA inputs are also available for rear camera views. A rear USB port is also available for gaining direct control of a connected iPod. Fine-tune controls for the bass range include a subwoofer volume control and the Magna Bass EX Dynamic Bass Enhancement system for a fuller, deeper sound.
- 6.2 in Digital Touch Panel WVGA Touch Panel LCD Monitor
- CD/MP3/WMA/DVD Playback
- Built-in Bluetooth Interface (HFP, HSP, OPP, A2DP, AVRCP)
- Built-in Microphone and External Microphone Ready with Optional RCB199
- Navigation Ready with Optional NP401
- Front 3.5mm, Rear RCA inputs
- Video RCA Output
- Rear USB Port with iPod Direct Connect Capabilities
- iPod Audio/Video Control with Optional CCA748 iPod Interface Cable
- Rear Vision Camera Composite Video Input
- Sirius Direct Connect Ready
- HD Radio Ready with Optional THD400
- 40 Watts x 4 Built-in Amplifier
- 6-Channel / 2 Volt RCA Output
- Subwoofer Volume Control
- Built-in Low-Pass Filters
- Magna Bass EX Dynamic Bass Enhancement and Parametric Equalizer
- OEM Steering Wheel Remote Ready
- Wireless Remote Control Included
User Reviews (3)
audio output from CDs and DVDs is high quality, clear and detailed - limited only by speaker capabilities
easy to use while driving once you're used to it
many upgrade options for future expansion
Bluetooth integration with the iPhone is flawless, connects right away and calls are clear
can get error messages when connecting an iPod with non-Clarion cables.. still works, just errors
takes some time to learn where the options are in the menus, not intuitive
iPod integration is lacking, tends to miss items in the library
You may also like...