CiragoTV Platinum CMC3000
Released September, 2010
The Pros:Plays a wide range of file formats, not much it can't do. Handy to access over a network, good network interface. Loads up movies through local USB access very quickly and conveniently.
The Cons:Copying files over the network can take a long time.
The CiragoTV Platinum CMC3000 is a mid-cost media streamer. With this device you can store 1080p video, photos and music, or you can use it as a go-between from the network (with built-in LAN and optional USB adapter for wireless/wired Ethernet) to your TV (so that you can watch streams from sites like Hulu, Netflix and Youtube).
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
The Timeshift recording feature allows you to record your favorite TV shows, and schedule future recordings. If you are watching live TV, the Timeshift feature allows you to pause and rewind (so that you can cut through the commercials). With the Platinum recording feature, you can even backup old VHS and Hi8 tapes. You just have to hook up your VCR to the AV input and connect the AV out to the TV. The CiragoTV Platinum CMC3000 comes in 500GB ($229.99) and 1TB ($249.99) sizes.
- Choice of 500GB, 1TB sizes
- 1080p playback
- UPnP networking
- Timeshift recording
- HDMi output
- 2 USB ports
- Media card reader (MemoryStick/MemoryStick Pro, SD/SDHC/MMC)
- Photo slideshows, music playlists and internet radio
- NAS function
- Stream files over the network directly to your TV
- Share P2P files using the BitTorrent clientV
- Record live TV through the AV input (DTV converter or cable/satellite box required)
- Built-in LAN networking
- 10/100Mbps wired and wireless Ethernet (w/ optional USB adapter)
- 1 year warranty
- Multi-language user interface
- Dimensions: 7.5" x 9.6" x 1.6"
- Supported video formats: MPEG1 (dat, mpg), MPEG2 (vob, mpg, ts), MPEG4 (avi, divx, xvid, wmv, mov, mkv), RM/RMVB, VC-1, H.264
- Supported audio formats: MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, WAV, AAC, AC3, ADPCM
- Supported image formats: JPEG, JPG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PNG
User Reviews (1)
plays a wide range of file formats, not much it can't do
handy to access over a network, good network interface
loads up movies through local USB access very quickly and conveniently
works great out of the box, very little configuration required
remote is easy to navigate, all the buttons are intuitively positioned and color coded well
small footprint, barely larger than the remote control that works with it
copying files over the network can take a long time
You may also like...