Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS
Released May, 2010
The Pros:HDMI output support for direct playback of video and images directly onto a supported HDTV / display. Fast lens. Capable of recording video in 720p high definition.
The Cons:Small zoom - 3.8x. Small sensor and a poor 230k display - close, but not a professional compact offering. Somewhat expensive for what it is.
The Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS, known as IXUS 300HS elsewhere, is a compact digital camera released in May 2010. It takes features from the popular albeit expensive PowerShot S90—such as the f/2.0 lens—and puts it in a more appealing and inexpensive frame.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Featured on the unit is a 10MP back-illuminated CMOS sensor, a 3.8x optical zoom, a 4.0x digital zoom and Canon’s DIGIC 4 image processing engine. The improved sensor allows for 8.4fps burst capture, Aperture- and Shutter-priority modes and 720p HD video capture, although there is a lack of full manual control, raw capture and the S90’s control ring. Also included is a Super Slow Motion movie mode (240fps) and a plethora of input options, including SDXC.
- PowerShot Digital ELPH Camera Series
- Compact Digital Camera
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor
- Canon’s High-Sensitivity System
- Back-Illuminated CMOS Sensor
- Bright f/2.0 Lens
- 8.4fps Burst Capture
- Aperture/Shutter Priority Modes
- 720p Video Capture
- Super Slow Motion
- Enhanced Quality in Low-Light Situations
- Reduced Noise at High ISO Speeds
- Higher Shutter Speeds
- Versatile Input Options
- Type: Compact Digital
- Optical Zoom: 3.8x
- Digital Zoom: 4.0x
- Sensor: 10MP 1/2.3" CMOS
- LCD Display: 3" TFT Color LCD w/Wide Viewing Angle
- ISO Sensitivity: Up to 3200
- Storage Media: SD, SDHC, SDXC, MMC, MMC+, HC MMC+, Eye-Fi
- JPEG Compression (Still): Exif 2.2 (JPEG)
- JPEG Compression (Movie): MOV (Motion JPEG, Linear PCM)
- Still Pixels: Up to 3648x2736
- Movie Pixels: 1280x720 (720p)
- I/O: USB 2.0, NTSC/PAL, Stereo
- Power: Battery Pack NB-6L, AC Adapter ACK-DC40
- Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS | Black
- Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS | Silver
- Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS | Red
- Canon PowerShot SD4000 IS | White
User Reviews (3)
HDMI output support for direct playback of video and images directly onto a supported HDTV / display
capable of recording video in 720p high definition
records to affordable, easy to find and capacious SD/SDHC/SDXC flash storage
compatible with the latest SDXC standard - higher capacities
back-illuminated CMOS sensor - enhanced low-light abilities
240 fps capture mode for slow motion sports analysis and fun
small sensor and a poor 230k display - close, but not a professional compact offering
somewhat expensive for what it is
You may also like...