Behringer Pro Mixer DX2000USB
Released August, 2010
The Pros:Sound quality is excellent, no loss or distortion noticeable. Very simple to operate, everything is laid out logically. Mounts easily on a rack, and sets up with your laptop quickly.
The Cons:Hum is noticeable on the subwoofer port if left idle. A bit large, need to make sure you have the space for it.
The Behringer Pro Mixer DX2000USB is a mid-range 7-channel DJ mixer. It has a number of unique features not found in lower-end mixers, and while the mixer yields high-quality sound it does not use a DSP system internally.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
A "Planet Earth" switching power supply is used, which has variable voltage (100 - 240 V~) for lower power consumption and is built to be noise-free, eliminating a common source of audio distortion. A 45 mm optical crossfader is used which increases durability, and has an adjustable friction to allow for a customized feel. All input channels use 100 mm faders for increased durability, as well as sealed rotary controls to keep out dust. There are 5 dual input stereo channels, and 2 microphone line channels that have ULN mic preamps, Phantom Power, Gain control and Clip LED to give extra control over voice input. A built-in USB interface allows for both input and output of signals from a PC or Mac, and a software suite is included for recording, online broadcasting, and MIDI interface. Output on the main has additional Dim, Boost, Punch and Cut functions allowing for custom mix options on the fly. A separate Subbass Out allows for extra customized bass control, and a Zone output allows for a second room with completely separate audio. This mixer is rack mountable, and includes brackets.
- 7-channel, ultra-low noise DJ mixer
- Phono preamps
- 45 mm infinium “contact-free” optical crossfader with adjustable friction
- 5 dual stereo inputs
- 2 mono mic/line channels with ULN mic preamps, Phantom Power, Gain control and Clip LED
- Built-in USB interface
- 3-band kill EQ (-32 dB) with EQ on/off switch on all stereo channels
- 100-mm faders and sealed rotary controls
- Headphone output with Level and Balance (PFL/Main) controls, switchable split mode and level display
- Auto-talkover with Sensitivity, Time and Damping controls
- Main Dim, main Boost, Punch and Cut functions
- Subbass Out, Zone output
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply
- Rack mount brackets included
- energyXT2.5 Compact BEHRINGER Edition, Audacity vinyl restoration and recording, Podifier and Golden Ear podcasting software included
User Reviews (2)
sound quality is excellent, no loss or distortion noticeable
very simple to operate, everything is laid out logically
mounts easily on a rack, and sets up with your laptop quickly
XLR ports are solid, no flex, good anchoring, and with no hum
offers excellent control of the tone and shape of the sound
hum is noticeable on the subwoofer port if left idle
a bit large, need to make sure you have the space for it
You may also like...