Released August, 2010
The Pros:Diagram page in the manual is well drawn, makes setup very simple. Handles a mix of RAM types gracefully, won't conflict. PCI-E interface is very quick, ideal for high-end video cards.
The Cons:Some compatibility issues reported with overclocking the BIOS with some processors, needs to be researched.
The Asus M4A88T-M/USB3 is a low-cost motherboard designed for users that want to overclock their system components to get the most out of them. This is similar to the Asus M4A88T-M LE, but has 2 USB 3.0 ports, increased compatibility with a wider range of memory types, and a higher peak wattage available for CPU overclocking.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Most other features are shared, including the ability to alter the number of cores being used, the increase clock speeds system wide, and make speed adjustments on the fly. The BIOS can be allowed to Auto Tune speeds as well. The CPU accepts AMD Socket AM3 CPUs, and can send up to 140 watts of power to them. 4 DIMM slots can accept up to 16GB of DDR3 memory, which is shared for graphics processing with the integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 GPU. An additional PCI-E x16 slot is available for an added video card.
- Overclocking via Auto Tuning, GPU NOS, TurboV, Core Unlocker
- MemOK! system
- AMD Socket AM3; Phenom II, Athlon II, Sempron 100 Series Processors
- AMD Cool 'n' Quiet Technology
- Supports 45nm CPU, up to 140W
- Chipset AMD 880G/SB710
- System Bus: Up to 5200 MT/s ; HyperTransport 3.0
- 4 x DIMM, up to 16 GB
- DDR3 1866(O.C.)/1333/1066 ECC,Non-ECC,Un-buffered Memory
- 1 x PCIe 2.0 x16, 2 x PCIe 2.0 x1, 1 x PCI
- Integrated ATI Radeon HD 4250 GPU
- Supports HDMI Technology with resolution up to 1920 x 1080p
- Supports Dual-link DVI with resolution up to 2560x1600 @60Hz
- Supports D-Sub with resolution up to 2048x1536 @85Hz
- Hybrid CrossFireX Support
- Dual independent displays support with HDMI / DVI and D-Sub
- Supports DirectX 10.1, OpenGL 2.0, Shader Model 4.1, Universal Video Decoder (UVD) 2.0
- Storage SB710 Chipset
- 1 x UltraDMA 133/100/66, 6 x SATA 3 Gb/s ports Support RAID 0,1,10,JBOD
- Realtek 8112L Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET 2
- VT1708S 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Optical S/PDIF Out ports at back I/O
- 2 x USB 3.0 ports, 10 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
- uATX Form Factor, 9.6 in x 9.6 in ( 24.4 cm x 24.4 cm )
User Reviews (1)
diagram page in the manual is well drawn, makes setup very simple
handles a mix of RAM types gracefully, won't conflict
PCI-E interface is very quick, ideal for high-end video cards
overclock software is easy to navigate and provides plenty of options
onboard video is adequate for most basic tasks, perfect low-cost solution for non-gamers
more USB ports than most will ever need, with the added bonus of USB 3.0 for specialty purposes
some compatibility issues reported with overclocking the BIOS with some processors, needs to be researched
You may also like...